I’m a fan of romance. Thanks to Melissa, I’m reading the Bridgerton books (and slowly but surely making it through the show). But I also am a fan of those love platonically. My sister will be moving into her own place this month and I’m feeling a bit sentimental.
I wrote some platonic prompts last year around the same time. I’m sure you’re surrounded by romantic ideas and prompts at this time so I think I’ll do it again. Mostly because I keep thinking about how grown my sister is now. I’m not ready!
Here are some prompts for you this week.
- Helping a younger sibling move into their own place/dorm
- Leaving an job and having a sentimental moment with your favorite coworkers
- Going to an animal shelter with your best friend and falling in love with every little furry creature
- Celebrating a friendiversary with a scavenger hunt
These are 3 to 5 word groupings to either inspire or to create a challenge of trying to fit all 3 to 5 words into your story.
- Memory, friendship, togetherness, ritual
- Smiles, laughter, teasing, empty
- Reunion, nervous, nostalgia, internet
- Sibling, imagination, childhood, adventure
- Letters, classic, pin-curls
I’m a firm believer that friendships, family, and found families are just as important as romantic love (if not more important). Specifically found families for all of those who’s families are just a little subpar. You deserve all forms of love.
Let me know in the comments your favorite platonic love moments. Those connections are the best and make me feel just warmth and happiness.