At the end of this week, a cold snap is to set in, pushing us even further into the autumnal season. Where I live, autumn lasts only a few weeks. It wouldn’t be too surprising to even see a few snowflakes on Friday with the temperatures dropping.
So I want to celebrate the few weeks of autumn that I get. Luckily for me, when I moved, I ended up in a place with even more trees. I’ve seen more fall colors the past two years than I’ve probably seen most of my life. Strange how moving just a few hundred miles changes things.
- Going on a walk during the first chilly day of fall
- Getting ready for Halloween by carving pumpkins
- Realizing your coat is a size too small on the chilliest day so far
- Raking leaves turns into a play fight (tossing leaves at each other)
- Adopting a puppy and having them see leaf piles for the first time
- Going to a pumpkin patch and getting lost in the corn maze
These are 3 to 5 word groupings to either inspire or to create a challenge of trying to fit all 3 to 5 words into your story.
- Excited, Chilly, Cozy
- Leaves, Sniffles, Laughter
- Harvest, Bonfire, Celebration, Family
- Colors, Trees, Friends, Frost
- Piles, Rake, Cat, Rambunctious
I have sniffles myself. The cold air is really doing a number on me. It’ll warm up a bit next week and I’ll celebrate a few more weeks of autumn before winter comes rushing in.
Let me know if you use any of the prompts above…or even your favorite parts of fall in the comments below. I’m going to go make myself some tea.