I’m writing you from my childhood bedroom. Upstairs my mother is readying what she can of the house as she prepares for us to unwrap gifts on Wednesday.
Some of you will be enjoying the holidays with family. Some might not enjoy the holidays at all. But for those who spend time trying to write at this time, here are some prompts to get you through.
- Christmas vacation: deciding not to do the holiday but a vacation instead…but then kinda miss the fun of the holidays
- The first holiday meet up after years away
- A holiday engagement gone wrong
- Characters getting cozy by the fire during a storm
- Your characters having the holiday you’ve always wanted
- Exchanging presents with the MCs loves for the first time
- Your MCs first Christmas together
These are 3 to 5 word groupings to either inspire or to create a challenge of trying to fit all 3 to 5 words into your story.
- Cold, travel, gifts, ice, driving, cars
- Wind, trees, sledding
- Lights, cozy, fire
- New, tradition, happy
- Ham, frosting, content
- Storm, cabin, romance
- Presents, frost, busy, children
Good luck to all those putting on the festivities. Good luck to those who have a hard time around this time of year. And happy holidays to everyone. I look forward to seeing you after eating too much ham.
Let me know in the comments any holiday traditions you have. I would love to learn about your family and what you do during this time of the year.