Happy First Day of Summer!
Well, there’s a few days between this post and the First Day of Summer, but I’m excited. I’m a June baby and June+Summer=Fun. This is when I do the most travelling, the most adventuring, the most outdoors-ing. The last one isn’t a word, but I don’t care.
It’s summer in the northern hemisphere. It’s time for hot days and camping and adventure!
Okay, I’ll probably be working. And not camping. But being able to go out without piles of snow and blisteringly cold wind is super nice.
So, to take advantage of that summer time vibe, here are a few prompts for the week.
- Planning and going on a fun cross country adventure
- Ending up in summer school and trying to make the best of it
- The A/C dies and you have to fine new ways to cool off.
- Visiting a relative for the summer and finding your soulmate (be it a romantic soulmate, best friend soulmate, or a furry companion).
- Going to the beach for the first time.
These are 3 to 5 word groupings to either inspire or to create a challenge of trying to fit all 3 to 5 words into your story.
- Happy, warm, beach
- Summer, grass, chores, vacation
- Freedom, adventure, sunburn
- Pool, friends, watermelon, rings
- Wedding, celebration, cake, disruption, sand
- Summer, sweets, work, slang
- Froyo, throwback, fun, warm
I hope these inspire you to write some summer adventures…and to take one of your own.
Let me know what sort of things these prompts helped you write, and if you have any of your own.