In the sea of jokes that you’ve probably already been subject to before I even posted, here is something that won’t include a jump scare or fake news.
Today I have April Fool’s Prompts. Now these prompts are somewhat generic fun and prank filled prompts, but what better time to start musing about child-like entertainment and mischief than on April Fool’s?
- Spend the entire day planning a prank and everything backfires (like those classic roadrunner cartoons)
- MC plans to jump out from the closet to scare their SO but their SO sees them gone from the room and tries to do the same thing
- Children play pranks on the cranky neighbor only to have the neighbor join in
- Accidental pranks. E.G. hitting the wrong person with a water balloon, scaring the wrong person with a jump scare (extra points if it’s the MC’s crush they do it on)
These are 3 to 5 word groupings to either inspire or to create a challenge of trying to fit all 3 to 5 words into your story.
- Prank, Spring, Puddle, Family
- Balloons, Scare, Twist
- Unexpected, Group, Planning, Mischief
- Rain, Ruined, Surprise, Excited
- Allergic, Oops, Spun, Entertain
- Outside, Teacher, Students, Prank
- April, Fool, Garden
- Unusual, New, Party, Mischief
- Fool, Forgiveness, Rules, Challenge
- Child, Toy, Fun, Adventure
I hope your April Fool’s wasn’t full of too many pranks (in your expense) and instead full of pages upon pages of writing.
As always, let me know if you stole a prompt or two from this post, or if you have some of your own!